photos

photos

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Apparent Project

**Update (5/5/13): All the bracelets pictured below plus 100 more have sold!  I am hoping to post some more pictures in the next couple of days.  I'll send out a link when I do.  Thank you!



I have blogged before about adoption NOT being the solution to the orphan crisis.  It is a very small piece of the puzzle.  One of the most important ways to beginning working toward homes for these children is to help families stay families!  So, I am partnering with The Apparent Project, an organization helping Haitian families stay together.  Poverty, disease, political instability, natural disasters, and personal stresses divide families every day.  Poverty is the primary reason that there are millions of children in orphanages in Haiti and throughout the world.  The Apparent Project is responding to these needs by building homes, teaching marketable artisan skills and responding to the emergency needs of Haiti's poor in Port Au Prince.

We are beginning a bracelet fundraiser.  Part of the proceeds from the bracelets go back to Haiti and the other part goes to our adoption fund.  The bracelets are made by Haitian artists who are attempting to just meet the basic needs of their families.  They recycle cereal boxes to make these unique beads.  No two bracelets are the same.  These are a perfect gift for Mother's Day!  


If you would like a bracelet, please comment with the number(s) of the bracelet you would like to buy.  Or you can send me an email at eleshamdm@gmail.com.  Each bracelet is $8, and I can ship up to 6 bracelets for $2.50.  If you need larger quantities, I have plenty of other bracelets available.  


Thank you so much for supporting Haiti and for supporting our adoption!




# 1 by Makenson - SOLD




#2 by Vanessa - SOLD





#3 by Luciana - SOLD




#4 by Catrine - SOLD




#5 by Blondina - SOLD




#6 by Berline - SOLD




#7 by Joseph - SOLD




#8 by Samy - SOLD




#9 by Roody - SOLD




#10 by Annie - SOLD




#11 by Janne - SOLD




#12 by Shedline - SOLD




#13 by Masseline - SOLD




#14 by Nancy - SOLD




#15 by Belle - SOLD



#16 by Kaliko - SOLD




#17 by Amanda - SOLD




#18 by Lorene - SOLD






#19 by Marise - SOLD




#20 by Patrick - SOLD








2 comments:

  1. So happy these are selling like hot cakes. It really was my favorite fundraiser because it is SUCH good cause. I love The Apparent Project!! Let me know when you post more, and I will share on my Facebook Page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it too! We have sold about 180 in five day. I'm thinking of getting a second box of 250!! I'll let you know when the traffic dies down on the batches of pictures I'm posting and maybe you can give me some extra "press" ;)

    ReplyDelete