photos

photos

Monday, April 29, 2013

Provision

I just want to thank all of you who have donated so far! We have raised $2090 through donations and the pre-sale of some yard sale items we did not have the space to store. This is such a sweet blessing to us. I am especially overwhelmed by another couple who are in the adoption process who chose to donate to OUR adoption. You know who you are and it is so evident that The Lord has led you to have a special love for ALL of his children and not just your own. Thank you for that obedience. I know The Lord will continue to bless your own process!

I also need to take just a second and brag a bit on God's provision in our lives. For those of you less familiar with our family personally, my husband Brant is a firefighter and works for a family business when he isn't at the station. I stay home and homeschool our children. The family business is  seasonal (lawn and garden equipment sales and repair). This winter things were particularly slow and Brant worked without pay for 4 months. Worry isn't something with which I typically struggle. But when Brant told me in December what was about to happen, I'm pretty sure I had a near panic attack. What are you doing, Lord? We are being obedient to you! How are we going to pay for our basic living expenses, much less these adoption expenses??  But then I relaxed and fell back into my normal routine of prayer and expectancy that God would provide. And let me tell you, he did indeed!! From August until now, our family has personally paid almost $11,000 in adoption expenses. And our savings account has the EXACT SAME BALANCE as before the expenses. This is with no change in spending and Brant's loss of income. There is no mathematical way that we should have been able to write those checks. But I have learned that God has funny math. He has provided in so many ways during each and every step of our journey so far. Why did I ever doubt?

Tax deductible donations may be made at Adopt Together by credit card, check or Paypal account.

No comments:

Post a Comment