photos

photos

Friday, August 24, 2012

Application In


The application is in the mail! Or rather, the Fedex plane. Being that patience is not one of my strongest virtues, I felt it best to just go ahead and use 2-day delivery. It took every ounce of self-control to resist overnight. The most amusing part of that is the "not patient" part since we are embarking on an adventure that, I'm sure, will require more of that on some days than I have ever possessed in my life. The Bigs (Dakota & Gavin) were so excited when I put the envelope in the dropbox. This excitement had very little to do with the application being sent and everything to do with their hope that maybe I would not be consumed for the rest of the day with this process.

We did have a beautiful moment as the Bigs and I prayed over that paperwork before "the drop". We prayed that God's will and not ours would be revealed in the process. That we would receive that extra dose of patience and have peace along the way. But we prayed the hardest for that child or children who already are digging a place out in our hearts and lives. That they would be safe while they are waiting for us to come pick them up. That someone will show them love until we get there. This is our prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment